1. Dude, if your driving school website proudly proclaims “Deutsch, Französisch, Englisch”, then please ensure that you can actually talk to me in English when you respond to my (English) voicemail. I need to concentrate on driving, not on trying to understand each other. And if you say you can talk “a bit” of English, but can’t understand that I don’t need to take the driving test even after I explain multiple times in both English and bad German… I theenk we are not going to have a happy driving experience.
2. A much happier outcome was achieved from my phone call about dance lessons for Claudia. All in German thank you very much (as was the initial internet research), can I haz medal? We’re going to check the class out tomorrow afternoon.
3. I am sort of starting to see the point of raclette. Not really. I don’t get how chucking some melted cheese over boiled vegetables is anything to get excited about from the diner’s point of view. HOWEVER as a way of faking dinner for an overwrought mommy? Hell to the yes.
4. My hair is really shiny. Ha! You thought I couldn’t outdo the tedious narcissism of yesterday’s post? You wuz wrong. I am really, really pleased with my hair today andthisisnewsBECAUSE I’ve been struggling with it. More than a year ago I stumbled on the Curly Girl concept (nutshell version: curly hair needs special treatment; avoid sulphates (or ideally all shampoo) and silicones). Trying it out led to immediate improvement in certain areas, and convinced me it was worth sticking with, but I haven’t been able to reach a point where I’m actually pleased with my hair overall – mostly, I think, because of buildup from hard water (insert ritual ptooiee! to hard water here). (It works really well when I’m in Cape Town…) I have just tried a new shampoo and conditioner and the results, after one wash and two days, are very exciting.
For a given value of “exciting”.
5. I’m trying really hard to think of something to revive the tone of this post after that little nosedive. Um. I got nothing. My brain is entirely taken up with baby sleep problems. Um. Okay, here’s something: caught in a sudden downpour on the way back from the bus stop today, we passed some other moms & tots running home from the playground, and I recognised them and remembered their names.
I didn’t say it was exciting. But still I think I get a little star for that. Integrating, me.