- First week of school holidays passed with many lazy pyjama mornings and over-indulgent TV evenings (we all got hooked on Next in Fashion). Very much enjoying having kids big enough to make holidays a lazy experience, although I will still be glad when they go back to school next week and I get to be ALONE again.
- Also very much enjoyed having friend stay last week; even managed to arrange kids’ social lives such that we had a grown-up afternoon in town, looking at Art and drinking coffee and such.
- AND had a truly delightful day out at the Swiss Yarn Festival, to which I dragged two newish friends, saying hi to lots of vague yarn friends and making new friends with lots of actual yarn. Well, obviously by “making friends with” I mean “acquiring and adding to my already overloaded stash”, but it’s really lovely yarn and I feel very fond of it.
- Meanwhile a massive and highly urgent editing job landed last week, because of course it did, these things always happen in school holidays. I’m also being stared at by less urgent projects I’ve airily agreed to without any particular timeline in mind but which are very likely to trip me up at the worst possible moment. It’s fine, it’s all fine.
- So #52recipes is going to have to take a pause (just as well I’m ahead!), not because the actual cooking takes any more time than cooking anything more familiar, but the planning! The cookbook fondling! The Pinterest wrangling! Which is a shame though, as it does make cooking so much more interesting. Meanwhile my meal planning/grocery shopping has possibly been a tiny bit influenced by this sf story and current coronavirus worries… I can’t say I’m stockpiling, but I also can’t say I’m not making sure I have a good supply of coffee and other essentials.
2 thoughts on “Signs of spring: 5 things 2.3.2020”
I love next in fashion!! Just watched the final last night, I was secretly hoping the other one would win 🙂
On Mon, 2 Mar 2020 at 10:40, Woolly thoughts (and fuzzy logic) wrote:
> woollythinker posted: ” First week of school holidays passed with many > lazy pyjama mornings and over-indulgent TV evenings (we all got hooked on > Next in Fashion). Very much enjoying having kids big enough to make > holidays a lazy experience, although I will still be glad whe” >
Really?! We were all sooooo on board with the winner (and I found the runner-up super irritating! Very skilled. But irritating.)